Bowed Wall Repair
American Foundation & Basement Repairs, LLC is here to provide you with bowed wall consultation services and solutions. When looking at serious foundation problems such as bowed walls, a lot of homeowners believe that replacement is their only choice. Not only are there alternatives but replacing a foundation wall doesn't necessarily cure the problem that is present. Basement walls shift for a number of reasons, including standing water, unsuccessful waterproofing and lack of appropriate surrounding yard drainage. We have been provided bowing wall repair services and consultations to the Knoxville, Chattanooga, Asheville, Johnson City, and Cookeville areas for over 20 years. We know these problems have to be fixed together with or before other actions are taken and are here to help you.
How To Repair A Bowed Wall
One of the most efficient ways to repair a bowed wall problem is using either a wall anchor system or a series of steel wall supports. Wall anchors are an accepted method of repair by numerous engineers and building code officials in the country. These anchors can recover the structural integrity of foundation walls without significant renovation or excavation. They are also a cost-effective and time saving solution to many foundation wall issues. One of the numerous benefits of wall plate anchors is the fact that they aren't obtrusive or unattractive in the basement like many other bracing methods. A slim high strength steel wall plate is the only thing noticed from the inside. Often these plates are coated to complement the walls or 2X2 furring strips are utilized to finish the inside walls. This enables the repair to be completed without giving up useful square footage.
Our bowed wall repair is accomplished with the following 6 simple steps:
- Sod is carefully removed to allow for augured hole in the lawn.
- A little hole is drilled from inside the basement, which allows the placement of the anchor rod.
- The earth bearing anchor is set up in previously augured hole and attached with the rod.
- The wall plate is connected to the anchor rod inside the basement.
- The wall plate anchor will be tensioned pulling the wall toward the earth anchor.
- The hole is back filled soil and sod is swapped out.
Benefits to our Bowed Wall Repair:
- Nominal disturbance
- Could be finished in one day
- Does not waste useful floor space
- Installs with portable tools
- All weather installation
Please call American Foundation & Basement Repairs at 877-784-5636 to learn more about our bowed wall repair services. We look forward to hearing from you soon!